All available police positions and the applications are posted on the Employment page of this website. Westminster Police Department appreciates your interest in employment opportunities with this agency. We are extremely proud of the professionalism of our Westminster Police Department. The Department is committed to the philosophy of Community Oriented Policing and all employees are expected to be responsive to our community in the delivery of quality services. Recognizing our responsibility to maintain order, while affording dignity and respect to every individual, our objective is to improve the quality of life through a community partnership that promotes safe, secure neighborhoods.
The following information is provided to answer your questions on employment with this Department.
The Westminster Police Department looks for the highest quality applicants when filling open positions.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent to apply
- No conviction of any felony crime or a misdemeanor that involves moral character, perjury, or making a false statement. Have no history of drug abuse, a lifestyle free of illegal drug use, and no DUI conviction within the past 10 years
- Must have or be able to obtain a SC drivers license class D.
- Must be able to pass the following: credit check, oral interview and thorough background investigation
- Meet the physical fitness standards necessary for the performance of duties
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, grooming and promote good personal hygiene
- Possess an honorable discharge from the armed forces (if applicable)
- Social Security Card
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Valid South Carolina driver's license and/or out of state driving record if out of state license held within the past 10 years
- Birth Certificate
- Military discharge form (DD214 if applicable)
- College transcripts (if applicable)
- Proof of name change (if applicable)
- Naturalization papers (if applicable)
- Applicable certification certificates
The City of Westminster offers a standard benefits package and police officers have the added benefits of:
- Entry-level pay is determined by education and/or experience
- Overtime Pay
- Officer assigned take-home vehicle
- Furnished uniforms, duty gear, hand-held radio and weapon
- Tort Liability Insurance
- Paid training time and court even when normally scheduled "off-duty"
- S. C. Police Officers Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance