- Learn about City permits and Development incentives. (http://westminstersc.org/code-compliance-and-development )
- Make sure the property address is zoned for the type of business you want to open.
- For an existing building: Schedule a walk-through meeting with Oconee County Building Codes Division to ensure the building can accommodate your business. Call 864-718-1005.
- For constructing a new building: Request a pre-construction meeting with the City and Oconee County Building Codes Division to learn about required permits, utilities, inspections, etc.
- Apply for necessary permits in order to begin the necessary work.
- As work progresses, call the County for inspections to keep the project on track.
- When work is completed, schedule a Code Clearance Inspection with the County. Upon passing the inspection, complete the City’s Code Clearance Form and submit it to the City Clerk.
- Apply for a City business license. (Jennifer Adams, 864-647-3200)
For more information:click here.