The City of Westminster currently available position(s):
The City of Westminster Utility Department is currently accepting applications for a Laborer. Applicants must possess a current CDL, and a high school diploma or GED. Salary range is $22,880-$29,561.99 with state retirement and health benefits. Hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with occasional overtime. Please apply through SCWorks at jobs.scworks.org. The City of Westminster is an EOE.
The City of Westminster is conducting a search for a part-time Recreation Administrative Assistant. Minimum qualifications are a high school diploma/GED with one year of related experience, including working closely with the public. Candidates must have both verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work with the public, and knowledge of a community recreation program. Candidates must have a valid SC driver’s license. Please apply through SCWorks at jobs.scworks.org. The City of Westminster is an EOE.
Chief of Police, City of Westminster SC
Position Category: Police
Position hours: The hours will vary due to meeting shift requirements and responsibilities in the community. It is expected the Chief will meet regularly work 171 hours in a 28 day period. This is an FLSA exempt position.
- Provides law enforcement leadership to a 6-member staff — six uniformed officers.
- Provides law enforcement and safety services to a 3.4 square mile municipality of approximately 2,400 residents.
- Requires attendance at various town and community meetings, many of which are in the evening
- A minimum of 10 years of law enforcement experience demonstrating increasingly responsible work to include management-level or supervisory experience. Formal education such as a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in criminal justice would be a considered a plus.
- Understanding of state and federal law enforcement laws, regulations and policies. The applicant must possess demonstrated leadership and strategic management experience, strong community policing expertise, superior interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, excellent verbal and written skills, public speaking ability, and other administrative abilities.
- Attainment of S.C. Criminal Justice Academy certification; completion of law enforcement advanced training courses; firearms proficiency to our existing departmental standards; ability to retain police officer physical fitness requirements to perform all duties of a police officer within the town, and a S.C. driver's license (or ability to obtain one prior to employment) are basic requirements for this position. The successful applicant must live within a 25 mile radius of municipality as the position is a key emergency management team member.
- Pay info: Salary is commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $42,249.09-$62,719.92
How to apply: Please submit a resume with cover letter augmented by a City application available online at http://www.westminstersc.org/Data/Sites/1/media/administration/admin-docs/police-application.pdf Submit a completed packet to Jennifer Adams City Clerk at PO Box 399 100 East Windsor Street Westminster, SC 29693, preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until filled. The Town of Westminster is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please continue to check our website periodically for updates.