The City of Westminster is conducting a search for a full-time Fleet Mechanic/Truck Driver. Applicants must be able to perform maintenance, diagnosis, repairs and troubleshooting on cars, trucks, and equipment in a safe, efficient, quality minded focused manner. When necessary, the employee may perform other duties including, but not limited to, assisting in truck driving duties.
Employees in this position shall:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all required repairs on vehicles, trucks large and small, and diesel equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance within safety standards.
- Complete paperwork including, but not limited to, work orders, equipment maintenance sheets, and inspection forms.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with workplace safety rules.
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and certifications while maintaining current licenses and certifications.
- Drive City vehicles and operate city equipment as licenses permit and do so while abiding by all South Carolina traffic rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Graduation from High School or G.E.D. equivalent
- Special Requirements
Must have (2) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or certification.
Current and valid commercial driver’s license.
Fabricate parts for equipment to keep operational.
Knowledge and Skills
Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
Successfully demonstrate independent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining to the shop and fleet.
Ability to read and understand technical and service manuals.
Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously with minimal supervision.
Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
Computer and software experience.
Ability to operate heavy equipment (backhoe, knuckleboom, tractors, frontend loader, etc.
Please submit your applications to City Hall at 100 E. Windsor Street, or by mail PO Box 399, Westminster, SC 29693.
The City of Westminster is conducting a search for a part-time Recreation Administrative Assistant. Minimum qualifications are a high school diploma/GED with one year of related experience, including working closely with the public. Candidates must have both verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work with the public, and knowledge of a community recreation program. Some evenings and weekends will be required. Candidates must have a valid SC driver’s license. Please submit your application to City Hall at 100 E Windsor St. or by mail to PO Box 399, Westminster, SC 29693.
The City of Westminster is an Equal Opportunity Employer.