The City of Westminster currently available position(s):
1. The City of Westminster Utility Department is currently accepting applications for a Laborer. Applicants must possess a current CDL, and a high school diploma or GED. Salary range is $22,880-$29,561.99 with state retirement and health benefits. Hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with occasional overtime. Please apply through SCWorks at jobs.scworks.org. The City of Westminster is an EOE.
2. The City of Westminster is currently accepting applications for the position of Warehouse Foreman. Minimum qualifications are a high school diploma/GED, CDL, written and verbal communication skills, and computer knowledge. Salary begins at $29,536 with the following benefits, state health insurance, state retirement and accrued personal time off. Please apply through SCWorks at jobs.scworks.org. The City of Westminster is an EOE.
3. The City of Westminster is currently accepting applications for the position of Fire Lieutenant. Applications can be found at jobs.scworks.org and City Hall. Applications will be accepted until September 25.
Essential Duties of Fire Lieutenant:
- Performs and supervises firefighting activities including but not limited to driving apparatus, operating pumps and related equipment, laying hose and performing fire combat, containment and suppression task.
- Participates in fire drills, attends classes in firefighting, emergency medical care, hazardous materials and other subjects assigned.
- Receives and relays fire and emergency medical calls and alarms. Operates radio and other communication equipment.
- Performs general maintenance work in the upkeep of fire facilities and equipment, cleans and washes walls and floors, cares for grounds around station, makes minor repairs, washes, hangs and dries hose, washes, cleans, polishes, maintains and test apparatus and equipment.
- Performs and supervises emergency medical care activities including administering emergency medical care and providing other assistance as required.
- Performs salvage operations such as throwing salvage covers, sweeping water and removing debris.
- Ensures that all apparatus and equipment are cleaned and maintained properly.
- Enters information into computer system and prepares fire reports.
- May serve as department training officer or fire prevention officer.
- Performs firefighting task (e.g., hoseline operations, lifting and carrying heavy objects, rescue operations, wearing SCBA, climbing ladders and working in adverse weather conditions and temperatures.
Desired candidate should have a high school diploma and a valid driver’s license; Firefighter-2, Emergency Medical First Responder, Hazardous Materials Operations Level or higher, Incident Command to include NIMS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700,& 800, Fire Officer-1, Auto Extrication and also be trained in building construction, pump operations, and wildland firefighting.
4. Police Officer, City of Westminster
Position hours: Full-time, 12-hour shifts (required)
- Performs police patrol duties and investigations
- Enforces traffic regulations
- Performs related law enforcement activities
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid South Carolina driver’s license (or ability to obtain one)
- Ability to pass a background test and to complete the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy (those who are already certified will have first consideration)
Pay Info: Patrol salary ranges from $32,266.85-$41,951.27 annually (based on qualifications and applicable certifications)
How to Apply: Application forms are available at City Hall 100 E. Windsor St.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
FOR THESE LISTED JOBS ONLY, YOU MAY APPLY AT CITY HALL. PLEASE BRING WITH YOU WHEN APPLYING, YOUR CDL (IF APPLICABLE) AND A COPY OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED.
Please continue to check our website periodically for updates.